Rakuten Securities HK offers 40 currency pairs on the Trading Station§. The “majors” and the “commodity pairs” are the most liquid and most widely traded currency pairs in the forex market. These pairs and their combinations (EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY, and EUR/GBP) make up the vast majority of all trading in the forex market. Because these pairs typically have the largest volume of buyers and sellers, they also typically will have the tightest spreads.
- Majors: EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CHF
- Commodity Pairs: AUD/USD, USD/CAD, NZD/USD
There are however many other currency pairs that allow you to take advantage of macroeconomic events in specific international markets, such as the USD/CNH (US Dollar/Chinese Yuan) and USD/MXN (US Dollar/Mexican Peso).
Rakuten Securities HK offers online USD/CNH trading so that you can trade on the growth in China and its volatility inherent in one of the world’s fastest growing economies.
WHAT IS CNH?
- CNH is an offshore version of the renminbi (RMB) created by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the People’s Bank of China. CNY is the onshore version of the RMB.
- CNH allows investors outside of mainland China to gain exposure to the RMB.
- Short-term divergences between USD/CNH and USD/CNY can occur, but in the longer term the CNH correlates to the CNY.
Please contact us if you have any questions related to account opening.