Personal Information Collection Statement
SECURITY AND DISCLOSURE
Rakuten Securities HK respects each individual’s right to privacy. We value our relationship with you, and we take pride in maintaining loyalty and respect with each individual client; all personal information collected by Rakuten Securities HK is protected under stringent security measures. The provisions of this notice apply to former clients, current clients, and applicants.
When you apply for and/or maintain a live or demo account with Rakuten Securities HK or contact Rakuten Securities HK for any inquiries, Rakuten Securities HK collects personal information, including your name, contact details and other personal particulars for the following purposes, such as evaluating your financial needs, processing your requests and transactions, informing you about investment products and services and providing customer service. The types of personal information may include:
- Application information. Information you provide to us on applications and other forms, such as your name, address, birth date, identification card number, occupation, assets, and financials.
- Transaction information. Information about your transactions as well as information about our communications with you. Examples include your account balances, trading activity, your inquiries, and our responses.
- Verification information. Information necessary to verify your identity, such as a passport or driving license. Additional examples also include background information we receive from public records or from other entities not affiliated with Rakuten Securities HK. Rakuten Securities HK may also be required to collect your information and take actions necessary to verify your identity in accordance with regulatory requirements.
In compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Rakuten Securities HK would like to inform you that your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- Sharing, cross-checking and transferring that personal data with any Rakuten Securities HK’s affiliated or associated companies or Rakuten Group or FXCM Group^^ whether in relation to new or existing client verification procedures, ongoing account administration or direct or indirect marketing of any investment, dealing or related services or products;
- The comparison and or transfer to third party service providers of such personal data for the purposes of credit checking and or data verification;
- Any purpose relating to or in connection with the compliance of any law, regulation, court order or order of a regulatory authority, including the provision of any such data to any such regulatory authority as required by law or regulation;
- Any other purpose relating to or in connection with Rakuten Securities HK’s business or dealings or the business or dealing of Rakuten Securities HK’s affiliated or associated company or any member of Rakuten Group or FXCM Group.
Your personal data held by Rakuten Securities HK will be kept confidential but Rakuten Securities HK’s affiliated or associated company or Rakuten Group or FXCM Group may provide information to 1) any agent or third party services provider who provides services to any of Rakuten Securities HK’s affiliated or associated companies or Rakuten Group or FXCM Group in connection with the operation of its business 2) any regulatory or governmental authorities which relates to or govern any business of any of Rakuten Securities HK’s affiliated or associated companies or Rakuten Group or FXCM Group and 3) any person that Rakuten Securities HK considers as appropriate or fit including any of Rakuten Securities HK’s affiliated or associated companies or a member of Rakuten Group or a member of FXCM Group and its employees under a duty of confidentiality. Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Hong Kong where it may not have protection to the same or similar level in Hong Kong.
In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, any client has the right:
- To determine whether Rakuten Securities HK holds data about that client and of access to such data;
- To request Rakuten Securities HK correct any inaccurate data relating to the client;
- To ascertain Rakuten Securities HK’s policies and practices in relation to data and be informed of the kind of personal data held by any of Rakuten Securities HK’s affiliated or associated companies or Rakuten Group or FXCM Group;
- To request Rakuten Securities HK or its affiliated or associated companies or Rakuten Group or FXCM Group to cease from using his/her personal data for direct or indirect marketing purpose by writing.
The Data Protection Officer, Unit 501, 5/F, Nexxus Building, 41 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
Telephone: (852) 2119-0116 Fax: (852) 2119-0117
You are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request. However, failure to provide all required information may prevent us from opening and/or maintaining your account or providing services to you. While we make every effort to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate, complete, and up to date, you can help us considerably in this regard by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your personal information.
Rakuten Securities HK uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology in order to protect certain information that you submit. This type of technology protects you from having your information intercepted by anyone other than Rakuten Securities HK while it is being transmitted to us. We work hard to ensure that our Web sites are secure and that they meet industry standards. Rakuten Securities HK also uses other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g., passwords and personal identification numbers), and access control mechanisms to control unauthorized access to systems and data.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH OUR AFFILIATES
Rakuten Securities HK may share personal information described above with our affiliates or Rakuten Groupfor business purposes, such as, but not limited to, servicing customer accounts and informing customers about new investment products and services, or to aid in the trading activity of the company, its affiliates, or employees, and as permitted by applicable law. Our affiliates may include companies controlled or owned by us as well as companies that have an ownership interest in our company. The information we share with affiliates or Rakuten Group may include any of the information described above, such as your name, address, transaction and account information. Our affiliates or Rakuten Group maintain the privacy of your information to the same extent Rakuten Securities HK does in accordance with this Policy.
If you do not wish to have your personal information disclosed to our affiliates or other third parties as described in this Policy, please contact us via e-mail at: email@example.com, or send your request to:
Rakuten Securities Hong Kong Limited
Attention: Compliance Officer
Unit 501, 5/F, Nexxus Building, 41 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Rakuten Securities HK does not disclose your personal information to third parties, except as described in this Policy. Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with non-affiliated companies that perform support services for your account or facilitate your transactions with Rakuten Securities HK, including Rakuten Group and FXCM Group and those that provide professional, legal, or accounting advice to Rakuten Securities HK. Non-affiliated companies that assist Rakuten Securities HK in providing services to you are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information to the extent they receive it and to use your personal information only in the course of providing such services and only for the purposes that Rakuten Securities HK describes in this policy.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to fulfill your instructions or pursuant to your expressed consent.
We want you to know that Rakuten Securities HK will not sell your personal information.
Rakuten, Inc., a publicly traded company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TOKYO: 4755), and its consolidated subsidiaries. Rakuten Securities HK is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rakuten Securities, Inc., a member company of Rakuten Group.
FXCM Inc., a publicly traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:FXCM), and its consolidated subsidiaries. FXCM Inc. is a business partner of Rakuten Group.